The Fable of Franny and Her Fabulous Fainting Goat
Students get practice telling time while reading about a goat with an unusual trait.
A Market for Goats
Students will read about goat production in Oklahoma and learn about the market for goats among various ethnic groups. Students will research ethnic groups and holidays in which goat meat plays an important part. Students will look at several works of art related to goats and make a timeline of the paintings to show the role of goats in history. Students will research to find the origins of the paintings and locate the countries on a map of the world.
Grade 5: Science
Students make cheese.
Taming the Wild Aurochs
Grades 6-High School: ELA, Science, World History
Students will read about and research the domestication of animals, including the wild aurochs, ancestor of modern cattle. Students will create a timeline of the domestication of animals.
- More Facts about Goats
- Goat Breeds
- Songs and Poems about Goats
- Agriculture in Art
- Capra (Goat), 1755-65 by Francesco Londonio
- Cottage and Woman with Goat, 1885 by Vincent Van Gogh
- Goat, 1934 by Arthur Dove
- Goat by Niko Pirosmani
- The Goat Herd of Genzano, 1843 by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot
- Head of a Goat by Diego Rivera
- Landscape with Two Goats, 1897 by Paul Gauguin
- Peasant Farmer with Goat, 1953 by Marie Vorobleff Marevna
- Study of a Goat by Thomas Gainsborough
- Woman with Goats by Max Lieberman
- San Yang Kai Tai (three goats bring wealth) by Zhu Zhanji